Charleston Area Historical Forts
History buffs will certainly enjoy the rich heritage that Charleston has to offer. The immediate Charleston area is home to several historic spots that provide guided tours and plenty of information on relevant battles or significant events. The knowledgeable tour guides will be able to answer any of your questions and will provide a truly memorable experience.
- Colonial Dorchester State Historic Site: Encounter the remarkably preserved archaeological remains that allow to give insight into the early history of colonial South Carolina. Here, visitors can watch as archaeologists unearth the settlement’s history.
- Open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, daily. (843) 873-1740
- Fort Moultrie: Located on Sullivan’s Island, undergo the features of 171 years of seacoast defense history starting from the Revolutionary War all the way through World War II.
- Open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, daily. (843) 883-3123
- Fort Sumter National Monument: Discover where the American Civil War begun and the role Fort Sumter played as a National Park Site from Park Rangers to visitors.
- Visit their website or call (843) 883-3123 for information on available tour dates and hours.