Charleston Area Parks and Aquariums
Charleston is home to a wide array of educational and entertaining parks and museums. Perfect for a rare rainy beach day or as off-season entertainment, take advantage of these fantastic indoor attraction options during your stay.
- The South Carolina Aquarium: The home to over ten thousand plants and animals such as alligators, seahorses, jellyfish, etc. Dive into the amazing undersea adventures with activities to do for the entire family!
- Open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, daily. (843) 577-3474
- Battery Park/ White Point Gardens: This waterfront spot featuring cannons, gazebos, palmettos, and exquisite views of Fort Sumter and the Sullivan Island Lighthouse, is the perfect spot to stop and kick your feet up after an exhausting day of touring Charleston!
- Open 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, daily. (843) 724-7327
- Caw Caw National & History Interpretive Center: Journey through elevated boardwalks along 6 miles of trails running through wetlands that will take you back in time to when rice plantations ruled the area and was home to enslaved Africans.
- Open Tuesday through Sunday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. 843-762-8015
- Charles Pinckney National Historic Site: Enjoy exhibits, films, and walking the grounds while discovering the “forgotten father”, Charles Pinckney, who was a principal author and signer of the United States Constitution.
- Hours of Operation are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, daily. (843) 881-5516
- Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site: Step aboard and tour Charleston’s only 17th century replica sailing ship, see cannons fire, or view the otters, bears, bison, and more at the Animal forest.
- Open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, daily. (843) 852-4200