Folly Beach FAQ
Folly Beach is located just 10 miles south from the historic downtown Charleston area. The drives takes approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic.
The island of Folly Beach is home to a bustling downtown area, charming local shops, a diverse array of local restaurants, and a plethora of family-friendly water activities like kayak rentals and surf lessons. Please visit our area attractions page for more information.
Yes. A few common Folly Beach rules include:
- No glass is permitted on the beach
- No alcohol is permitted on the beach
- No open fires or fireworks are allowed on the beach
- No littering is permitted; trash receptacles are provided at beach accesses
- Items left at the beach overnight (tents, chairs, etc.) may be confiscated
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach from 10am – 6pm from May 1st – September 30th; dogs must be on a leash at all times.
Please visit the City of Folly Beach website for more specific beach rules and regulations.
Guests are welcome to check in any time after 3:00 pm.
Guests are welcome to stay until 11:00 am. Check-out can happen at any point prior to that time.
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check-in at Water’s Edge Inn.
Unfortunately, we do not allow pets at our property.
Yes, Water’s Edge Inn does accommodate room for one car per guest room. Parking is offered free of charge.
No, Water’s Edge Inn does not currently have an elevator. Please contact us for special requests and first floor room availability.
We require a 14-day advance notice for any cancellations or changes made to your reservation. In the unlikely event that you must cancel your reservation: a cancellation of 7 to 13 days of your arrival date will result in us retaining your deposit, which will be credited toward a future stay. Cancellations less than 7 days of your arrival date will result in us charging for your entire reservation. If we can rebook your room, a partial or full refund will be made.